The 10 Best Things about Track Days 01.09.11 /2 Comments
Speed, safety and freedom – these are just some of the reasons why more and more bikers are turning to track days. In every day life and in every day riding, issues such as traffic, speed cameras and worn road surfaces are to be expected and good motorcyclists adapt. But to be able to leave all of that behind and just ride as the bike was intended? That’s an experience every motorcyclist should have at least once!
- No traffic coming in the opposite direction! (@CambrianTyres)
- Learning more about your bike in 10 minutes than a year’s worth or road riding (@beltanedeath)
- The sunshine (hopefully) and the company (@gjf7)
- Not getting overtaken by anyone in your group! (@iD4VE)
- No speed cameras. (Mike McM of @BLDGroup)
- No cyclists on the tarmac! (@raspcheeseberry)
- It’s not golf. (@mav13GSX14)
- Getting loads more out of your bike than you can on the road. (@andy1975lanc)
- The thrill. (@davestoppie)
- What you learn on the track improves your road riding too! (@BLDCustomPaint)
Track days at reputable and popular tracks such as Castle Combe give riders of any age (providing they have a full license) the ability to experience and test their speed and handling capabilities in a controlled but fun environment!
What do you think about track days, do you like them? Would you add anything else to our list above?