After I crashed my motorbike, my first reaction was… 15.11.11 /Leave a comment
Our biker community is an endless source of information, support and a lot of fun. Our resident social media officiando (or so he calls himself) Dave Stoppie recently asked his Twitter friends what their first thoughts/reactions were after they crashed their motorcycle for the first time. Here are our favourite 20 responses, check them out!
Editor’s note: we’ve changed all expletives to “^$%&” for the sake of our more delicate readers.
- Oh ffs, not again! via @tzrbondi
- Is the bike ok- will it cost me a lot of money?? via @yamaha_biker
- Why didn’t that paramedic stop to see if I was OK after he caused me to come off? via @andy1975lanc
- How the ^$%& I’m I going to lift this up again!! via @carolinehornet
- My bike! My bike! via @r2aud
- I stood up and waved to the coworkers that I was ok, before I even thought about whether I was actually alright! via @MaverickMMedia
- That’s going to cost me.” via @ClooksIOM
- ^$%&!! Is my bike ok? Oh wait, I’m in pain! via @rikki199
- In case of my TDM850 – Checked woman who pulled out was ok. Then called Mike McM at @BLDGroup to arrange collection of my bike. via @1130cc
- That sounded expensive, wonder how scratched my fairings are… and then Ow, that sodding hurt! via @andy1975lanc.
- I was concerned for safety of helmet as had to ride 130 miles home next day (with a broken wrist). via @goatee2
- I couldn’t get up, but my first thought was: if I could get up, I’d kill the ^$%& who just drove into us! in heat of the moment. via @carolinehornet
- ^$%&, me BIKE! via @billyrobson, @chuckchunder1 and @millarwalt1198.
- How did gravel get in THERE!? via @mattpearcerace.
- I guess I felt so lucky, although my ride had a “birthmark” here and there. Above all, lucky for wearing all safety gears. via @indonesiawi
- Must remember to remove disk lock! via @_Damo
- OH!, and then promptly got the arse with myself. via @Carrie_14
- Strange, but I laughed. via @multibobster
- How do I pick a 1200 GS with panniers, tent and sheepskin up so I can not be lying in the southbound lane of the A1? via @highwaylass
- Ouch. via @Iam04 and @_richUK.
What about you, what was your first reaction when you crashed your motorcycle?